This BILD Act Certified course is designed with all direct support staff in mind. It is ideally suited to those supporting people who present with low level challenges and staff working in supported living services and remote workers.
- Core Values
- Trauma Informed Care
- Understanding Behaviour as Communication
- Developing Individual Response Strategies
- Required CQC and NHS Standards
- Legal Issues
- Physical Strategies (disengagement)
- Staff working in organisations which can evidence that training will be adhered to.
- All organisations must adhere to the RRN Standards
- The training is developed for Private Sector, Public Sector and Charities providing services to people within; Education, Healthcare, Social care, Mental health, Learning disabilities, Adolescent psychiatric, and EBD.
- Organisations following the current RRN Standards
- Organisations that support individuals who challenge services
Will we learn any physical breakaway techniques?
There are four chapters to this course before any physical skills take place. In line with our certification process, we will teach physical skills on this course that are identified in the Training Needs Analysis. This is a requirement of our Bild Act certification and is in line with current Restraint Reduction Network guidance.
Are staff members assessed for competence on this course?
The short answer is Yes, we expect that any course delivering this kind of training should have criteria for measuring people’s ability to put the training into practice. There are four theory chapters which all have a quiz at the end of each chapter, we will expect everyone to pass those before we move onto physical skills. We will then assess staff members physical skills. This is part of our Bild Act Certification requirement.
- Is this course BILD Act certified?
What is the maximum number of participants on this course?
We are limited due to current national guidance and our certification to 12 participants on each course. However, we do feel that a maximum of 12 participants allows our trainers to create a more interactive course.